- 400 g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 slices of toast, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 eggplant, thickly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 burger buns, split
Place chickpeas, onions, toasted bread, parsley, coriander, garlic and cumin in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and almost a paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Form into 4 burger patties.
Sprinkle eggplant slices on both sides with a little salt. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown, adding a little extra oil to pan between batches, if needed. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Meanwhile combine Hellmann’s mayonnaise and harissa in a bowl.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry falafel patties on each side for 2-3 mins or until golden brown and heated through.
Spread bun bases and tops with a little of the harissa mayonnaise. Top bun bases with lettuce, tomatoes, falafel, a little extra harissa mayonnaise, eggplant and bun tops. Serve.