- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 500 g lamb mince
- 120 g lamb sausages, casings removed
- 4 pieces sliced haloumi
- 2/3 cup spicy tomato relish
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 120 g rocket
- 4 Turkish bread rolls
- 400 g frozen oven fries, cooked according to the instructions on the packaging
Preheat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook diced onion for 8 minutes, stirring regularly, until golden brown. Remove and transfer to a large bowl. In the same pan, add a little more oil and then cook red onion for 8 minutes until golden brown.
Add lamb mince, lamb sausage meat, mustard to the cooked diced onion. Season to taste with black pepper. Mix well. Shape the lamb mince mixture into 4 patties.
Heat a little more oil in the frying pan over medium high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm.
Add haloumi cheese to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
Assemble the burger in the following order: toasted bottom burger bun, Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise, rocket, lamb patty, Haloumi cheese, grilled red onion, Napolitana sauce and finally top burger bun. Serve with fries.